The department of Supervision quality of education at the Tashkent Pediatric Medical Institute (TashPMI) is part of the higher educational institution and established in accordance with the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the establishment of the State Inspectorate for Supervision Quality of Education under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. 515 of July 18, 2017.
“Department of supervision quality of education” under TashPMI began its activity on December 18, 2017.
Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated December 24, 2021 No. PP-60 “On additional measures to ensure the academic, organizational and managerial independence of state higher educational institutions for conducting an external assessment of higher educational institutions based on standards for external quality assurance of education developed on the basis of advanced foreign experience” and control over the quality of education under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan to the decision of the State Inspectorate and the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education dated April 7, 2022 No. 09 / kk and 06-1-2022 “On the organization of pilot testing of standards for internal and external assurance of the quality of education in the system of higher education based on international best practices” in accordance with the World Bank project “Modernization of higher education”, the system of quality assurance of education in higher education institutions, European standards for quality assurance of education for the purpose of carrying out improvement work on the basis of guidelines (ESG) and the resolution of the head of the State Inspectorate for Quality Control of Education under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated May 2, 2022 “On external certification of higher educational institutions, educational organizations based on external quality assurance standards education developed on the basis of advanced foreign experience “and on the basis of order No. 282 of October 5, 2022, from October 26 to November 2, 2022, the Tashkent Pediatric Institute was assessed based on foreign experience in accordance with the standards of internal and external quality assurance of education.
Clippings from the process of external certification of members of the expert group.
A SEMINAR OF THE EURASIAN CENTER FOR ACCREDITATION AND QUALITY ASSURANCE IN EDUCATION AND HEALTH (ECAQA) WAS HELD IN TASHPMI
On March 30-31, TashPMI hosted a seminar of the Eurasian Center for Accreditation and Quality Assurance in Education and Health (ECAQA) on accreditation of basic medical education and self-assessment of educational programs of the Tashkent Pediatric Medical Institute.
The purpose of this seminar was to train members of the internal commission on the specification and interpretation of accreditation standards for conducting a self-assessment of an educational program, determining methods for collecting information and data for analyzing and generating a self-assessment report, and developing a plan for improvement.
Expert – Nurmanbetova Farida Nusupzhanovna, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Scientific Consultant of the NU “Eurasian Center for Accreditation and Quality Assurance in Education and Health Care” (ECAQA) acquainted the participants with the International Experience of the World Federation of Medical Education (WFME), global standards and their use in the accreditation process ;
The coordinator of this event was Sattarov Jamoliddin Bahronovich – Head of the Education Quality Control Department of the Tashkent Pediatric Medical Institute (TashPMI).
SEMINAR OF THE EURASIAN CENTER FOR ACCREDITATION AND QUALITY IN EDUCATION AND HEALTH (ECAQA) ON ACCREDITATION OF BASIC MEDICAL EDUCATION AND THE ROLE OF EXPERTS IN ACCREDITATION. Held from June 7-12, 2023
Purpose: formation and development of the competencies of academic experts in the field of accreditation of medical education in the field of specification and interpretation of accreditation standards to analyze reports on the self-assessment of the educational program, organize and conduct an external assessment, conduct interviews with key stakeholders, write a report, conclusions and recommendations for improvement, innovative methods of learning and teaching, assessment of knowledge and clinical skills.
1. International experience. World Federation for Medical Education (WFME): Global standards, their use in the accreditation process.
2. World Directory of Medical Schools of the WFME and the US Foundation for the Promotion of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), new policy and requirements of the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Medical Schools (ECFMG) since 2024.
3. ECA standards for specialized (program) accreditation of medical educational organizations: specification and interpretation of standards for self-assessment of the educational program of basic medical education.
4. Self-evaluation – the basis for external evaluation, decision-making on accreditation and strategies for improvement.
5. The role of students and participation of students in the accreditation process;
6. Preparation of medical educational organizations for external evaluation and visits to the ECA External Expert Commission.
7. Organizing and conducting an external evaluation, conducting interviews with all stakeholders, writing a report, conclusions and recommendations for improvement.
8. Methodology for innovative learning and teaching methods in medical education, including simulation training, assessments of knowledge and clinical skills, professionalism and assessment of practical training in basic biomedical sciences and clinical cycles.
9. Capacity building of administrative and academic staff of higher education institutions.
International expert teachers:
Nurmanbetova Farida Nusupzhanovna Doctor of Medical Sciences, Scientific Consultant of the NU “Eurasian Center for Accreditation and Quality Assurance in Education and Health” (ECAQA); Advisor to the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME).
Kemelova Gulshat Seitmuratovna, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor, Chairman of the Expert Commission on Simulation Education of the National University “Eurasian Center for Accreditation and Quality Assurance in Education and Health Care” (ECAQA), Director of the Center for Simulation and Educational Technologies NJSC “Medical University of Karaganda”, Member ROSOMED, ROSMEDOBR, Russian Federation, Member of SESAM (The Society in Europe for Simulation Applied to Medicine/SESAM), Denmark.
Seminar coordinator from TashPMI: Sattarov Jamoliddin Bahronovich Doctor of Medical Sciences, Associate Professor, Head of the Education Quality Control Department of the Tashkent Pediatric Medical Institute (TashPMI).