Tashkent Pediatric Medical Institute
Tashkent Pediatric Medical Institute have been arranged in 1972 and is leading institute on education in the area of “Pediatric Business”. During the 46 years of work the Institute prepared more than 29500 highly qualified medical doctors.
TashPMI – state higher education facility, performing educational activity on realization of main and professional education programs of higher education, as well as training-methodological, scientific work in line with the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Main tasks of the TashPMI:
- Preparation of highly qualified competitive specialists, forming harmoniously developed and devoted personality of a citizen of independent state;
- Development of science through research and creative activity of scientific-pedagogical personnel and trainees, using the results obtained in the educational process;
- training, retraining and postgraduate education of personnel with higher education and scientific-pedagogical personnel;
- spreading knowledge amongst population, increasing of its educational and cultural level.
There are 39 chairs in the structure of the institute.
Faculty contains 516 staff members, out of them 76 – Doctors of Sciences and Professors, 201 – Ph.D. and Ass. Professors.
The education in bachelorship is being performed in 4 directions:
• General Medicine;
• Professional education – Medical-pedagogics;
• Higher Nursing.
Total number of students is – 3915. Also there are educated 40 citizens of CIS and 45 citizens form far abroad.
Preparation of highly qualified specialists in the institute is going on by 28 directions of master’s degree. Total number of masters – 456.
Preparing of narrow specialists is being done through residencies by 27 directions.
The main clinical base of the institute is the clinic of TashPMI for 325 beds, where the highly qualified specialized care is provided. Besides, the clinical chairs of the institute are based in the clinics of research institutes, scientific centers, scientific-practical medical centers and leading medico-prophylactic facilities of the city of Tashkent.
Postgraduate education of the faculty is performed by the following specialties and pedagogies:
• Pedagogic technologies;
• Pedagogic skill;
• Information technologies;
• Learning foreign languages.
The Faculty staff created the new generation text books by all blocks of disciplines in the direction of “Pediatris”.
TashPMI is closely collaborating with more than 50 leading foreign medical and educational institutions and international public organizations and funds:
• St. Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University (Russian Federation) – education of students in joint educational programs within the international faculty;
• Asia University (South Korea) – education of students;
• Bundang Hospital Seoul National University (South Korea) – postgraduate education of teachers;
• DAAD Foundation (Germany) – postgraduate education of teachers and education of students;
• European Educational Foundation ERASMUS MUNDUS – postgraduate education of teachers;
• Gaslini International Foundation, (Italy) – study course;
• The North West Medical Teams International, (USA) – postgraduate education of teachers;
• Research Center of Children Health (Russia) – postgraduate education of teachers;
• European organization ТEMPUS – preparing masters;
• Tomsk Centre of Orthopedics and Vertebrology (Russia) – study course;
• UNICEF foundation – postgraduate education and training of physicians;
• Ulyanov’s State University, faculty of Medicine (Russia) – postgraduate education of trainers and study course;
• Yonsei University College of Medicine (South Korea) – postgraduate education of teachers.
There are two Academic Lyceums at the Institute, specialized on deep studying of biology and chemistry, and there are more than 800 children being trained. There are 14 prize winners of International Mendeleev Olympics, 3 prize winners of International Olympics on Biology, 4 prize winners of Republican Olympiad on Chemistry, as well as 16 prize winners of international and republican sports competitions amongst the academic lyceum students.
In the framework of “Health” Project at the TashPMI in 1999 there was arranged the city Training-Medical Center (CTMC) on retraining of SVP doctors (Rural Doctors Stations) through the “General Practitioner” program. There is created training methodological SVP and during the period passed there are trained 598 SVP doctors from Tashkent, Syrdarya, Djizzak and Samarkand regions.
The Institute provides practical methodological assistance and works on strengthening of material and technical basis at 25 transforming model SVPs in Syrdarya region.
The Medical Faculty of Karakalpak State University is reorganized into Nukus affiliation of TashPMI under the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan №239 as of 3 June 1998.
• General Medicine;
• Higher Nursing.
Number of Chairs – 39. Faculty includes 516 staff, 76 of them – Doctors of Science and Professors, 201 – Ph.D. and Ass. Professors. Total number of students is – 3915.
There is successfully implemented the program on training-methodological coopration between TashPMI and 11 medical colleges and academic lyceums of the city of Tashkent and Tashkent region.
Name of organization: Tashkent Pediatric Medical Institute
City/District: Tashkent city
Address: 223, Bogishamol street
Postal code: 100140
Telephone: +998 (71) 262-34-22
Fax: +998 (71) 262-34-22