The Union of Youth of Uzbekistan is the organ of a healthy, spiritually mature and intellectually developed, self-centered young generation aimed at protecting youth from the harmful effects of external threats and “mass culture”, and full protection of the rights and legitimate interests of young people. It is a non-governmental, non-profit organization set up in organizational and legal form by individuals to create conditions for the unification of young people of Uzbekistan.
The main goal of the youth union is the introduction of youth into the process of democratic, political and economic reforms in the country, the strengthening of peace and harmony in the society, the inclusion of youth in the development of Uzbekistan in the ranks of developed countries, and the effective protection of the rights, freedoms and legitimate interests of the younger generation. Raising the spiritual and professional level of youth and supporting the younger generation in the realization of intellectual and creative potentials.
The main tasks of the Union are:
- the formation of young people able to become a decisive force and basis in the process of processing, renewing a country that occupies a worthy place in the life of society, having a way of life and firm beliefs, its political culture, legal literacy and awareness;
- education of young people, in particular unorganized youth, spiritual and moral and military patriotism, their historical memory, national pride and self-esteem, participation in current events and respect for national and universal values;
- protection of rights and legitimate interests of young people, support of their aspiration to occupy a modern profession, participation in entrepreneurial activities;
- support of talented youth, creation of conditions for their creative and intellectual potential and attraction of them to scientific activity;
- creating a healthy lifestyle among young people, especially unorganized youth, forming an ecological culture, involving them in regular physical training and sports;
- Protection of young people, especially young unorganized youth from religious extremist and other destructive ideologies, protecting them from negative influences and threats from outside, preventing and suppressing violations among young people.
All natural and legal persons may be members of the Union, as defined in the Charter. That is, citizens of the Republic of Uzbekistan who expressed a desire to support the goal of the Union, who have reached the age of 14, are not older than 30 and who are not stateless persons permanently residing in the Republic of Uzbekistan, may be members of the Union,
At the same time, non-governmental youth organizations and other organizations related to youth can also be members of the union, as well as other legal entities having a common goal, established by the charter of the youth union.
The governing bodies of the Union are:
- The Central Council;
- Executive Committee of the Central Council;
- Central Control and Revision Commission.
The structure of the Union includes:
- Central office of the union;
- territorial (regional) apparatus of the Union;
- local structures;
- primary organizations;
- Enterprises, organizations and institutions fully established or managed by the Union, including the media.
In addition, under the auspices of the Youth League, an organized children’s organization “Kamalak”, which is part of the Union of Youth.