The Resolution of the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education (reg. No. 2999 of 16.04.2018) approved the Rules for the provision of financial assistance by the Youth Union of Uzbekistan to students who have completed military service in the Armed Forces of the Republic of Uzbekistan and accepted to study at higher educational institutions on a fee-contract basis.
Mat assistance consists in paying 35% of the contract amount by the Youth Union, subject to timely payment of the remaining 65% by the student himself.
They help students who have completed military service and are accepted to study at the bachelor’s degree on a fee-contract basis. This requires a recommendation to study from the command of military units and the student’s active participation in the activities of the primary organization of the Youth Union. Those enrolled on the basis of an additional increased contract (the so-called “super contract”) receive this right from the 2nd year of study.
Preparation for consideration of the issue of providing MAT assistance begins with the primary organization of the Council of the Union of Youth at the university annually until February 1. An appropriate list of students and information about the indicators of study and discipline is formed. Until February 20, students can apply for financial assistance. The Council of the Youth Union considers applications from March 1 to March 5 and makes a decision.
At the same time, the indicators of the last academic year are taken into account (for 1st-year students, the indicators of the first semester of the current year):
student’s active participation in the activities of the Youth Union;
compliance with internal regulations (reprimands announced by the rector for non-compliance with these rules are taken into account, except reprimands for the loss of a student ID card or rating book);
academic performance indicators (at least 71% of the total arithmetic average in all subjects).
The issue is considered at a meeting of the Council of the Youth Union in the presence of at least 2/3 of its members. A decision may be made on the recommendation of a student for financial assistance or on a reasoned refusal (the reasons must be indicated in the minutes of the meeting). The decision made is valid only for the current academic year.
Copies of the minutes of the meeting signed by the head and all members of the Council of the Youth Union, with the attachment of the list of recommended students, are sent to the university and the Youth Union of Uzbekistan within 3 working days.
The Central Council of the Youth Union of Uzbekistan considers recommendations and makes a decision within 15 working days. The decision is sent to the university and the Council of the Youth Union. Then, within 10 banking days, the corresponding funds are transferred to the personal treasury account of the university.