The department is trained by students of 4 courses of the pediatric faculty under the training program “Faculty children’s surgery”, 5 courses of medical and pedagogical, medical faculties under the training program “Pediatric surgery”. The department is located in the building of the TashPMI clinic on the 1st and 2nd floor. In addition, there are training bases located in the Republican Specialized Scientific and Practical Medical Center of Pediatrics, as well as in the Private Clinic “HAYOT”. . A sufficiently high bed capacity of various surgical profiles creates maximum conditions for teaching pediatric surgery in its respective sections.
In teaching, along with traditional methods (posters, color slides, educational X-rays, etc.), they use modern technical teaching aids – video lectures, video clips of the most complex operations, electronic textbooks. Thanks to the initiative of prof. M.M. Aliyev, a library was organized at the department, in the funds of which there are textbooks and monographs on children’s surgery, magazines. “Pediatric Surgery”, “Surgery”, “Bulletin of Surgery”, “Pediatrics”, “Surgery of Uzbekistan” and others (over 100 items in total). Students can use the library fund both in the daytime and while on duty at the clinic.
To prepare a general pediatrician for the independent conduct of qualified therapeutic and prophylactic work in primary health care, the provision of diagnostic and therapeutic assistance in emergency situations in emergency and emergency care, the provision of diagnostic and medical care at home, in a day hospital, a polyclinic for the most common surgical diseases children at various stages of their course, the implementation of sanitary and hygienic, anti-epidemic and treatment-and-prophylactic measures in foci of mass destruction, issues of rehabilitation after discharge from the hospital.
Requirements for the knowledge, abilities and skills of students in this academic discipline.
The student must have the following concepts: the latest data on etiology and pathogenesis, modern classifications and the clinical picture of surgical pathologies in childhood. Criteria and methods of diagnosis, preventive measures, as well as the diagnostic capabilities of modern methods of laboratory and instrumental examination, which are used for these diseases, indications and contraindications for the surgical method of treatment.
The student should know:
• modern classification, complicated forms and preventive measures for the most common surgical pathologies of childhood;
• clinical picture, course features and possible complications of the most common diseases occurring in a typical and atypical form in the child population;
• modern methods of clinical, laboratory, instrumental examination of patients (including endoscopic, radiological, methods, ultrasound diagnostics), as well as diagnostic capabilities of methods of direct examination of children with a surgical profile.
• criteria for diagnosis, features of differential diagnosis and tactics of providing medical care in primary health care;
• methods of surgical treatment and indications for their use. Indications and contraindications for their appointment.
• clinical and pharmacological characteristics of the main groups of drugs and the rational choice of specific drugs in the treatment of the main pathological syndromes of diseases and emergency conditions in children.
The student must have skills in:
• to assess the patient’s status, to carry out his complete physical examination of the patient (examination, palpation, auscultation, blood pressure measurement, determination of the properties of the arterial pulse);
• methods of general clinical examination and interpretation of the results of laboratory, instrumental diagnostic methods.
• an algorithm for making a preliminary diagnosis with the subsequent referral of the patient to the appropriate specialist doctor.
• an algorithm for setting a detailed clinical diagnosis.
• The main medical diagnostic and therapeutic measures for the provision of first aid for urgent and life-threatening conditions.
• Determine indications and expert advice.
• Provide first aid in emergency situations.
• Be able to perform minor surgical procedures and operations.
4th year Faculty of Pediatrics
No. Title of topics and their content by chapter hours
- Lecture 1. Modern methods of examination and organization of treatment tactics for surgical diseases and malformations in children. Topic: The history of the development of pediatric surgery. Modern research methods in pediatric surgery. 2
- Lecture 2. Thoracic surgery in children Topic: Bacterial destruction of the lungs in children. Etiopathogenesis, clinical picture, diagnostics, surgical care) 2
- Lecture 3. Echinococcal disease in children Topic: Echinococcus of the lung and liver. 2
- Lecture 4. Abdominal surgery Topic: Abdominal pain syndrome. Etiopathogenesis of acute abdominal diseases